Friday, July 20, 2007

Yuchengco Museum

It was my first time to visit the university museum and I was glad that I had the chance to, which would never happen had Ms. Castro did not require us to do so. We were tasked to choose one painting that strucked us the most. I chose William Yu's "Mother and Child."

Enough about the piece since I have already discussed in the paper why I picked it. I do not have anything so interesting to blog at the moment, except for this one question that bewildered me ever since my boyfriend and I visited this shop in Mall of Asia. It was a store selling antiques and paintings. He was looking for a painting that will suit their dining area. I left him for awhile and looked around the store. I would consider the paintings all of good quality but not so much of the eye-catching ones. The pieces all seem typical, nothing so special about them. What caught my attention was the fact that the prices were ranging from 50k to 300k! I do not understand why they were so expensive at all. The artists were not so famous nor familiar, or maybe since it was not my field of interest that I do not know these people. The paintings were very simple. I think my sister can produce the same thing! But then again who am I to judge these pieces, I do not have much knowledge on the field. I was just really wondering why they have to sell those pieces so expensive.

No comments: